How To File A Claim For Drinking Water Contaminated With PFAS

If you have been impacted by drinking water contaminated with PFAS, such as those exposed to firefighters, you may be able to file a claim for damages. Before filing a claim, however, it’s important to know the correct steps involved.

What is PFAS?

PFAS are a type of chemical found in many household and industrial products. The chemicals can leach into water supplies, and have been linked to health problems like cancer and reproductive problems. If your drinking water that’s contaminated with PFAS, you may be able to file a claim with your insurance carrier. Here’s how to do it: 

1. Gather your documents. You’ll need proof of water contamination, your insurance policy information, and any other documents you think will help your case (like receipts). 

2. Call your insurance company. Ask them if they cover PFAS contamination in drinking water, and give them the relevant paperwork (see #1). If they don’t cover it, ask them if they can refer you to an outside company that does. 

3. File the claim. Once you have all the necessary paperwork from your insurance company, follow their instructions for filing a claim. It may take some time for the money to come back to you, so try not to stress out about it!

Legal Right to File a Claim for Drinking Water Contamination

If you suspect that drinking water near you is contaminated with PFAS, there are a few things you can do to protect your health. First, make sure to speak to a qualified attorney about your legal rights. Second, gather as much information as you can about the specific type of PFAS contamination in your water and the regulatory agency responsible for monitoring it. Finally, file a claim with the appropriate agency.

If you have consumed PFAS-contaminated drinking water and believe that it has caused health consequences, You may be eligible to file PFAS water contamination lawsuits for compensation. Depending on the type of PFAS contaminant in your water and where it was detected, different agencies may be responsible for providing relief.

To ensure that you have all of the relevant information when filing a claim, it’s important to know what kind of PFAS is causing the contamination and where it was detected. Your attorney may be able to help identify which agency is best suited to provide relief on your behalf. In some cases, such as with PFOA or perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), state or federal agencies may be responsible for making remediation decisions. 

Once you have gathered all of the information necessary to file a claim, start by contacting an experienced attorney who can advise you on the next steps forward. While claiming compensation can often be complicated and time-consuming, knowing your rights should help put your mind at ease during this process.

Steps to filing a claim for drinking water contamination

There are a few steps you need to take in order to file a claim for drinking water contaminated with PFAS. The first step is to fill out the Drinking Water Claim form. This form can be found on the EPA website or by contacting your local EPA office. Next, you need to gather information about your water contamination: what type of PFAS chemicals were involved, where did the contamination occur, and how bad was the contamination? Once you have this information, you will need to contact the responsible party and provide them with your documents. You may also need to collect and submit samples for testing. Finally, you will need to file your claim with the EPA.


If you or someone you know has developed health problems as a result of drinking water contaminated with PFAS, it’s important to know how to file a claim. Here are the steps to follow:

1) Contact your local water supplier and let them know that you have concerns about the contamination.

2) Attend one of the town hall meetings being held by your local water authority in order to get more information on what to do if and when tainted water is detected in your area.

3) Complete an online form designed specifically for PFAS-contaminated drinking water claims.

4) Mail copies of all relevant documentation (including test results, affidavits from witnesses, etc.) to the address provided on the claim form.