Individuals exhibiting symptoms of the respiratory syncytial virus, such as difficulty breathing, skin coloration, and fever should consult the best pulmonologist in Lahore. The doctor will conduct relevant tests to diagnose the disease and its severity. A timely diagnosis helps opt for a suitable treatment plan to prevent further complications.
The respiratory syncytial virus causes infection in the respiratory tract and affects the functioning of the lungs. It is transmitted through airborne exposure and mainly affects children. Children below two are at a higher risk of suffering from the respiratory syncytial virus. However, the treatment helps in the recovery and allows the patient to function adequately in every aspect of life.
The symptoms that an individual is suffering from the respiratory syncytial virus are:
- The patient suffers from nasal congestion or runny nose, which worsens with time without treatment.
- The patient suffers from mild headaches that hinder overall performance.
- The individual suffers from sore throat, cough, and fever.
- Patients with compromised immune systems suffer from severe symptoms. The patient can notice the change in their skin.
- Children and patients with other medical conditions suffer from wheezing, severe cough, and high-grade fever.
- The patient has difficulty breathing, which can cause hindrance in the functioning of the respiratory system. Also, the patient cannot sleep at night, which can cause anxiety.
The known causes that correlate with the respiratory syncytial viruses are:
- The virus spreads when the infected person has physical contact with others. The sneezing and coughs cause the droplets to travel and affect others.
- The children below are at a higher risk of contracting the virus. Thus, caregivers must remain vigilant and avoid physical contact with individuals sneezing and coughing.
- People with weak immune systems are at a higher risk of suffering from the infection and related complications.
- Adults suffering from lung disease and asthma should always prioritize their health and avoid triggers, as they are at a higher risk of contracting the infection.
The preventive measures that can help reduce the chances of contracting the virus are:
- Caregivers must provide a healthy environment for the infants. Also, parents must strictly ask people exhibiting signs of viral infection to stay away from their children. It can affect the respiratory system and delay the overall development of the child.
- The parents must wash their hands before touching the child.
- Individuals suffering from asthma and lung diseases must wear a mask in crowded areas.
- The people exhibiting signs of viral infection should isolate themselves in a room to prevent the spread that can cause others to suffer from deadly symptoms.
The complications associated with the condition are:
- The children are at a high risk of suffering from pneumonia and bronchitis without timely treatment.
- The children have short Eustachian tubes; hence, they are at a higher risk of ear infection. The untreated condition can cause permanent damage to the eardrum, and the child may suffer from hearing loss.
- The children are more likely to suffer from asthma in later years as a complication of the untreated viral infection.
The tests that are proven effective in treating an individual suffering from the respiratory viral infection are:
- The physical examination helps detect the abnormality in the breathing rhythm. It indicates that the individual is suffering from a respiratory disease.
- The viral detection tests help confirm the presence of the virus in the body.
- The imaging tests help rule out other possibilities that correlate with the symptoms.
Effective Treatment Options
The effective treatment options include:
- The antipyretics help reduce the fever and allow the patient to function adequately.
- Oxygen therapy helps enhance breathing. It improves the oxygen supply to the body.
- IV therapy helps keep the patient hydrated for the normal functioning of vital organs.
People suffering from a viral infection must consult a competent and reliable specialist at Iqra Medical Complex for guidance regarding effective and latest treatment options.