Search rankings were mostly based on paid links, spamming services, and places with no real meaning. Google can now focus on its goal of making users happy because marketing has changed.
The search engine actively promotes “white hat” ranking strategies, such as building links naturally and making useful content for people who come to the site.
So, the skyscraper method comes into play. It’s the combination of a good link-building strategy and creating content that people want to read. You can hire Professional SEO Services to see amazing results.
What is Skyscraper Content SEO?
The Skyscraper Technique is a framework for SEO research and content creation that aims to make your site the tallest “skyscraper” on the internet. You become the center of attention, like a tall building.
SEO skyscraper building means that your site should be bigger, better, newer, more interesting, and more relevant than other sites on the same topic.
How Does the Skyscraper SEO Technique Work?
The skyscraper SEO method has four steps for planning and making content, for professional help you can connect to the best SEO services:
- Choose your search term
Getting the right keywords for a high search rank is an art. Your goal in choosing a certain type of keyword is important. For example, you might want to rank through inbound content.
When you write a long-form “think piece,” you’re probably trying to rank and build your brand. So, think about what keywords are best for your brand.
Your word or phrase should be:
- Pertinent to your business and the needs of your customers
- In terms of traffic, valuable (or dollar value, as ranked by tools like SEMrush, which displays the cost of advertising with that keyword)
- Valid for the stage of the buyer you want to reach. Are you willing to spend a lot of money or time making content for your top-of-funnel mailing list? If not, you need a more specific keyword to attract only people who are ready to buy now.
- Something about which you can make interesting content. If it doesn’t interest your audience, it’s probably not worth doing.
2. Look at the content that ranks highest for your chosen keyword.
Once you’ve chosen a keyword, it’s time to check who else is using it.
You can do this with tools like ahrefs, SEMrush, AnswerThePublic, and even Google itself.
Here are some questions to ask when analyzing and judging the content:
- Do your competitors’ content strategies match up with what they’re trying to do to sell more or do better than you?
- Do these brands have anything to do with your business, product, or service?
- Do you have the tools and skills to make content that is better than these top results?
- What kind of information or questions might people in your field want that isn’t here?
As you can see, choosing keywords for your content takes more than just analysis. It means being competitive, knowing your business, and putting your heart and soul into your plan.
3. Make content that ranks higher than what’s already there
Google has its own algorithm, but in the end, it’s up to the users to decide which site is best for them (as long as they can find the content, to begin with).
You need to write for the user, which is what Google wants anyway. “Better content” could suggest a lot of other things, like:
- Content that is written by a native speaker of the language you want to learn
- Better metadata makes it more likely that a user will click on your site in the SERP.
- More photos and videos are embedded to break up the text and make the site more visually appealing.
- Write in short, easy-to-understand paragraphs that people like to read online.
- Lists with numbers or bullets and clear step-by-step directions
- Clear solutions and CTAs that are easy to carry out (calls-to-action)
- Content that has better, more relevant links than the competing post or posts
- More proof, like numbers, math, science, or your own experience
- Content that predicts future lines of inquiry based on industry-specific instincts and knowledge
- Information that is more up-to-date than posts by competitors
- Expert quotes with links to their own websites.
In this blog, we’ve talked about SEO techniques for building skyscraper content. I hope you understand what it is and how to use it after reading this. Still, you can contact us if you have any questions or are looking for the best SEO services USA.