Are you searching for the perfect gift for the history buff in your life? It can be difficult to find something that both fits their interests and shows how much you care. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we’re taking a look at five perfect gift ideas for history buffs that are sure to make them smile. From books and movies to apparel and collectibles, we’ve got something for everyone. So, read on to find the perfect present for your favorite historian.
Whether it’s a map of their hometown or of a faraway place they’ve always wanted to visit, a vintage map is a thoughtful and unique gift for history buffs. Check out local antique stores, online vintage map stores, or even library archives to find a special map. Here are some Ideas for Historic Maps to history gifts:
1. Antique world map
2. Historical map of the United States
3. Map of a famous battle or war
4. Vintage map of a famous city
5. Rare map of a specific region or country
6. Map of a famous explorer’s journey
7. Map of a famous scientist’s discoveries
8. Map of a famous artist’s works
9. Map of a famous author’s works
10. Map of a famous inventor’s works
Whether it’s a miniature piece of art from a famous artist, a replica of a historic artifact, or a model of a famous building, history buffs will appreciate the opportunity to display a piece of the past in their home.
Replica Objects ideas to gift history buffs:
1. Replica of a Viking Sword
2. Replica of a Roman Coin
3. Replica of a Greek Vase
4. Replica of a Medieval Shield
5. Replica of a Native American Artifact
6. Replica of a Samurai Sword
7. Replica of a Civil War Weapon
8. Replica of a Revolutionary War Weapon
9. Replica of a Famous Painting
10. Replica of a Famous Sculpture
From the works of authors like Ken Follett, Hilary Mantel, and Margaret Atwood, to classic novels like War and Peace and The Count of Monte Cristo, give the history buff in your life an opportunity to immerse themselves in the past with a historical fiction novel.
Historical Fiction ideas to gifts for history buffs:
1. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
2. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
3. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
4. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
5. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
6. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
7. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
8. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
9. The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
10. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
From documentaries about World War II to films about the life of a famous historical figure, there’s sure to be something to pique the interest of any history buff. Check out streaming services like Netflix or Amazon Prime for a wide selection of documentaries and films.
Ideas of Documentaries to gift history buffs:
1. The World at War (1973)
2. The Civil War (1990)
3. Apollo 13 (1995)
4. The Aviator (2004)
5. The King’s Speech (2010)
6. Lincoln (2012)
7. The Imitation Game (2014)
8. Dunkirk (2017)
9. First Man (2018)
10. The Crown (2016-present)
For the history buff that loves to explore the past on a regular basis, a subscription box is the perfect gift. Choose from a variety of boxes that focus on different historical topics and time periods, from ancient Rome to the American Revolution.
Subscription Boxes ideas to gift history buffs:
1. Ancient World Subscription Box
2. American Revolution Subscription Box
3. World War II Subscription Box
4. Medieval Times Subscription Box
5. Renaissance Subscription Box
6. Civil War Subscription Box
7. Ancient Greece Subscription Box
8. Ancient Rome Subscription Box
9. Age of Exploration Subscription Box
10. Ancient Egypt Subscription Box
There are many collectibles related to history, from replicas of historical artifacts to coins and stamps. Look for items related to the recipient’s particular interests, such as a specific era or nation.
Collectible ideas to gift history buffs:
- Vintage Maps – These can be found at antique stores, flea markets, and online.
- Antique Books – Search for rare and first editions of classic books.
- Replica Historical Artifacts – This could include coins, weapons, jewelry, and more.
- Vintage Postcards – Look for old postcards that depict landmarks, buildings, and more.
- Limited Edition Prints – There are many prints depicting historical events and figures.
- Historical Document Replicas – Get reproductions of documents related to important events.
- Classic Documentaries – Invest in classic documentaries about key moments in history.
- Replica Artifacts – Look for replicas of items used in famous historical events.
- Historical Novels – Look for books that tell the story of a famous event or person.
- Unique Souvenirs – Buy souvenirs from places related to historical events or figures.
A visit to a museum or historical site is an unforgettable experience for history buffs. Consider buying tickets to a museum or site related to the their interests.
Clothing can be a great way to show your appreciation for history buffs. Look for shirts and hats with designs related to the recipient’s favorite era or nation.
Clothing ideas to gift history buffs:
1. Victorian-Era Dress
2. Reenactment Costume
3. Knights Armor
. Renaissance Garments
5. Ancient Greek Tunic
6. Colonial-Era Clothing
7. Union Army Uniform
8. Ancient Egyptian Apparel
9. Traditional Scottish Outfit
10. Traditional Japanese Kimono
Memorabilia such as posters, postcards, and pins are an excellent choice for history buffs. Look for items related to the recipient’s particular interests, such as a specific era or nation.