Fencing not only adds a touch of decoration to your home but also protects your property from unwanted trespassing. Once installed, it is expected that it will provide long-term services in spite of rough weather throughout the years. As wood fencing does not stand the test of time in the long run, thereby aluminum and steel fencing are emerging as the best options for residential or commercial property owners. In this regard, a comparison of aluminum and steel fencing is necessary to find the most suitable one that will provide protection to your property in the most beautiful way for a long time.
Features of Steel Fencing:
Metal fencing can give your surroundings not only strong protection but a great visual appeal also. Moreover, metal fencing is designed to remain rust-free for a long time. So, the owners can remain hassle-free regarding maintenance like periodical sealing or repainting. Traditionally steel fencing is the most opted choice for its durability and robustness. Due to its versatility and easy maintenance, many homeowners are attracted to steel fencing. It has the following features-
- High strength
- Long durability
- Available in a range of stylish colours and providing great aesthetic value
- Providing an excellent level of safety and security
However, it also has some disadvantages. Due to this, people are thinking about other suitable options-
- Steel fencing is heavy and difficult to install. So, professional installation is necessary instead of a DIY project.
- Highly expensive
- Steel fencing requires consistent maintenance. Otherwise, it will rust.
Hence, if anyone is thinking about the steel fencing option, then make sure that the finish of the steel fencing is both galvanized and powder coated. It will enhance durability.
Features of Aluminum Fencing:
In recent times, aluminum fencing has become popular due to its cost-effective, anti-corrosive, and stylish features. As a lightweight metal, aluminum is less expensive than other types of metal fencing, like steel. However, the following features make it absolutely suitable for many property owners-
- A classic and appealing look at a lower cost
- Compatibility with most topography
- High-quality fences with long durability
- Easy maintenance
- Not susceptible to corrosion
- Made from highly recyclable and eco-friendly materials
- Sustainable and versatile appearance
Despite these advantages, aluminum fencing cannot provide robust security. The lighter structure not only results in compromising durability but also makes it less ideal for privacy. As such, a comparison is necessary to make the right decision regarding fencing.
A Comparison of Aluminum and Steel Fencing
Both aluminum and steel are popular and long-lasting fencing materials. It is not just about the hardness of the material but some true value that makes your fencing solution effective with the latest design and quality materials.
- Durability – Although steel is stronger than aluminum, both materials offer exceptional durability. If a comparison is made with traditional fencing materials like wood and chain link, they are made for long-lasting. Due to its impervious characteristics, aluminum will not corrode or rust. On the other hand, steel can rust if proper maintenance is not taken.
- Style – Both aluminum and steel come in a range of styles. They also offer all the sophistication and elegance of wrought iron. However, if you think of complimenting the style and colour, then an aluminum fence is your answer for your home. Steel fences are, in general, coming in typically fewer colours.
- Cost – If you compare both aluminum and steel with wrought iron and wood, then they are expensive and maintenance-intensive, respectively. In this regard, it can be stated that aluminum and steel fences offer incredible value. However, steel is a bit more expensive than aluminum due to its more resilient welded construction aspect.
- Maintenance – Aluminum fences require only occasional maintenance to maintain their aesthetics and optimal performance. Whereas steel fences require regular maintenance to maintain their look and durability.
- Aesthetics – Aluminum fencing has more aesthetic appeal than steel fencing due to its polished overall appearance. Also, the lack of screws, hidden picket fasteners, and availability in a range of colours, styles, and textures make it an absolutely suitable option for residential and commercial properties.
- Safety and Security – Steel and aluminum are both reliable, strong, and durable. But steel is significantly stronger to give more safety to your premises. Hence, in terms of safety and security, steel fencing is preferable.
From the above discussion, it is quite clear that both aluminum and steel fencing have their own advantages and drawbacks. Although steel can provide more security for your property, it is heavier, more expensive, and not suitable for DIY projects. Also, if not properly maintained, steel fencing can rust. Aluminum fencing, on the other hand, is much lighter and does not require professional installation. The rust-free finish and easy maintenance make it a favourite option for property owners. Available in a range of colours and styles, aluminum fencing has emerged as the go-to solution in recent times. So, take the right decision after deciding which material perfectly fits your fencing needs. In case you are still unsure which material is most suitable for your needs, contact the premier fence company. They can help you out!