You’re interested in electric mountain biking. But where do you start? Do you need a special bike? Is it expensive? How difficult is it to ride?
Here’s a beginner’s guide to Electric Mountain biking so you can decide whether this sport is for you.
What is Electric Mountain Biking?
Electric mountain biking is exactly what it sounds like—it’s mountain biking, but with an electric motor to help you power up inclines and cruise over rough terrain. These bikes are called “e-bikes” or “pedal assist bikes.”
Most electric mountain bikes have a battery pack that attaches to the frame and an electric motor that powers the wheels. The motor is usually located in the front or rear wheel hub. Some newer models have the motor built into the frame.
The battery pack will need to be recharged after a certain amount of use, and most can be removed from the bike so it can be charged indoors. The average range for an electric mountain bike is 20-40 miles, but this will vary depending on terrain, the rider’s weight, and how much pedal assist is used. Bikes like Bezior M1 are a great choice for starters.
Advantages of Electric Mountain Biking
There are many reasons why someone might want to try electric mountain biking. Here are some of the most common benefits:
- You can go farther and faster than you could on a regular mountain bike.
- You don’t have to be as physically fit as you would need to be for regular mountain biking.
- You can still get a great workout if you want—it might not be as intense as it would be without the motor assist.
Things to Consider Before You Buy
Now that you know a little more about Electric Mountain biking, here are some things you should keep in mind before making your purchase:
- How much do you want to spend? Electric mountain bikes can range in price from around $1,500 to $5,000.
- Where will you be riding? If you plan on doing mostly off-road riding, you’ll want a different bike than if you plan on sticking to paved trails.
- How often will you ride? If you only ride occasionally, you might not need all the bells and whistles that come with more expensive models. On the other hand, if you plan on using your bike frequently, those features might be worth the extra money.
Bezior XF200 will be the best option for you if you are looking for the best mountain bike!
Electric mountain biking offers many advantages over regular mountain biking, but it’s important to do your research before making a purchase.
Consider how much you want to spend, where you plan on riding, and how often you’ll ride before deciding to find the perfect bike for your needs!
If it’s your first electric bike, go for Bezior M1!