These days, the quality of customer experience defines business success, and this is for each industry and any business size.
You need to care for your customers throughout their buying journey and respond to their post-purchase queries.
Customers will always cherish how you heard and valued them, and to make this happen enterprise help desk software comes into play.
It can simplify your tough job, freeing up your time and energy so you focus on improving customer satisfaction.
The worldwide IT help desk software market is expected to grow at a CAGR during the forecast span 2020 – 2026.
Types of Help Desk Software
- Basic Help Desk
These are the plug-and-play SaaS solutions. It provides a base ticketing system for customer complaints. The basic help desk is scalable and highly affordable, and that is the reason small and growing businesses opt for it.
Examples: Zendesk and Freshdesk
- Enterprise Help Desk
It has more features compared to the basic one and also simplifies IT asset management, account management, SLA management, etc. This help desk software is customisable as per the business’s needs.
Examples: Freshservice Enterprise IT Helpdesk and Oracle PeopleSoft
- Open-source Help Desk
It is a free help desk type. Users can modify the source code to customise or integrate processes. Open-source help desk providers may offer paid services or versions with robust features.
Examples: SugarCRM and Google Apps Help Desk Workflow
Reasons to use Enterprise Help Desk Software
Key Features of Enterprise Help Desk Software
|1. Ticket Management
It automatically converts incoming calls, emails, and messages into support tickets and is assigned to specific agents based on predefined rules.
|2. Omni-channel Support
It enables agents to interact with employees and customers through different channels such as SMS, email, social networks, etc.
|3. Help-desk Agent Portal
Agents can go through the answers to common questions raised by employees or customers and communicate with colleagues to resolve any issue.
|4. Self-service portal for Customers/Employees
Customers or employees discover the answers to simple questions on their own through a self-service portal.
It has natural language processing abilities to solve common problems without the involvement of human agents.
Collect feedback from customers or employees to evaluate CSAT (Customer Satisfaction Survey), resolution rate, etc.
Benefits of Enterprise Help Desk Software
For End Users
- The standard way to report help desk issues
- Create a help desk history to discover problematic areas with equipment, training, etc.
- Confidence of issues gets logged and dealt with
- Get improved service and issues resolved promptly
- Access online knowledge base details
- Log their jobs and monitor progress
- Automated email notification about help desk job status
For Day-to-Day Users (Staff)
- Central database that stores client information, resolution tools, and service desk history
- Rule-based queue management
- Smart linking to job and knowledge base support for job resolution
- Action log that helps to record each event in a help desk job history
- Structured and highly organised workflow for all the help desk operations
- Automated growth tools to assist in timely support
- Compel staff to use a particular workflow
- Statistical and trend reports to discover challenging aspects and boost service-desk productivity
- Automatically implement service level agreements
- Offer improved service to clients
- Automatically execute help desk growth
- Follow ITIL principles for improved service management
- Higher “up-time” for productive employees
- Technology issues are decreased and resolved promptly
- Clients, management, and staff can leverage advanced tools to work competently
- Offers support to remote clients
- Generate positive ROI
Factors to consider while choosing help desk software
- Ticket system capability
- Collaboration tools
- Knowledge access
- Database capacity
- Email compatibility
- Ease of use
- Mobile support
Examples of Help Desk Software
- Zoho Desk
- Salesforce Service Cloud
In a Nutshell
Not only private organisations, but government entities also started leveraging the benefits of help desk software.
The right tool will help to speed up a business’s help desk activities and offer customers a proactive service in different ways. It brings all support channels together in one system. The support team provides customer service effortlessly and according to problem intensity.
If you are one of the business owners and want to simplify help desk tasks with tailor-made helpdesk software, get in touch with a custom software development company like Silicon IT Hub.
We help you optimise and automate business processes and increase your customer base, with future-ready enterprise help desk software.