A country with an area of 103,000km2 and a population of 348,580, Iceland visa is one of the world’s most sparsely populated countries. Despite of its name, it is not covered in ice at all. It is actually covered in green fields mostly. The island country has numerous massive waterfalls, basalt columns american placed right next to the beach and is very rich of wildlife.
Moreover, who has not heard about Iceland’s Northern Lights? AMERICAN VISA FROM ICELAND is one of the best places in the world to see the aurora borealis. Many US VISA FOR STUDENTS tourists travel to the country under the sole purpose of seeing these heavenly lights.
Yet, not every world citizen is lucky enough to just book a trip and travel to Iceland. Many will need a visa first.
DO U.S CITIZENS NEED A VISA FOR ICELAND?
U.S. citizens may visit without a for up to 90 days for tourist or business purposes. The US is listed under the Schengen visa-free countries, and as such, its citizens are exempt from the short-stay visa requirement.
There is only one case when US citizens do need a visa, and that is when a US passport holder has been denied entry to any of the Schengen members, for a particular reason. However, the case is not the same for nationals of other countries residing in the US. You can find more information in this american regard in the following paragraphs.
WHO NEEDS TO APPLY FOR AN ICELAND VISA IN THE US
You will NOT need to apply for an Ice in the US if you are:
- A US passport holder
- A US resident but a passport holder of one of the 62 countries under the Schengen visa-free regime.
You will need to apply for an in the US if you:
- Are a passport holder of a country which does not have a visa-free agreement with the Schengen.
- Have been rejected from entering Iceland or any other Schengen country without a visa, despite being :
- A US passport holder.
- A US resident but a passport holder of one of the american 62 countries under the Schengen visa-free regime.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN ICELAND VISA IN USA?
If you want to go to Iceland, and you belong to one of the categories above, you must get this visa. And to get the visa, you should be careful and apply correctly. Applying for a short-stay visa to Iceland in the AMERICAN VISA FROM IRELAND is not a Rubik-cube hard thing. You just have to complete some several procedures one-by-one, according to the instructions.
To apply for a Visa to Iceland in the United States you have to follow the steps listed below:
- Find out where you need to apply.
- Check when is the right and best time to apply.
- Collect the required documents for an Iceland visa from the US.
- Make a visa appointment.
- Attend the visa interview at the consulate/visa center representing Iceland in the United States.
After you get your, you can come here and remain for the maximum american of the period stated in your visa.
WHERE TO APPLY FOR AN ICELAND VISA IN US?
Iceland does not have an embassy or consulate of its own in the US that handles visa applications. Thus, you will need to apply at one of the representative consulates of Iceland in the US, which admit and process visa applications on its behalf.
Five Consulates/visa application centers receive AMERICA VISA FROM MEXICO applications in the US on the behalf of . These are:
- New York – VFS Global on behalf of Royal Danish Consulate General.
- Washington – VFS Global on behalf of Swedish Embassy.
- San Francisco – VFS Global on behalf of Royal Norwegian Consulate General in New York.
- Chicago – VFS Global on behalf of Danish american Consulate General.
- Houston – VFS Global on behalf of the Royal Norwegian Consulate General in New York.
APPLYING FOR AN ICELAND VISA IN NEW YORK
You can apply for an in NYC at the Consulate General of Denmark, in New York.
BOOKING AN ICELAND VISA APPOINTMENT IN NYC
You must register your application online through the ApplyVisa. You should then make an appointment with VFS Global for submitting your application for visa in NYC.
Contact details for VFS Global in NYC
Address: Chrysler Building East, 666 Third Avenue, 11th Fl. New York, NY, 10017
Tel.: +1 (212) 223 4545
Fax: +1 (212) 754 1904
Contact details for the Consulate General of Denmark in NYC
Address: Chrysler Building East, 666 Third Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, NY, 10017
Tel.: +1 (212) 223 4545
Fax: +1 (212) 754 1904
APPLYING FOR AN ICELAND VISA IN WASHINGTON
BOOKING AN ICELAND VISA APPOINTMENT IN WASHINGTON DC
The Swedish Embassy has outsourced visa admission to VFS Global in Washington. Thus, if you want to apply for an Visa in Washington, you should make an appointment with VFS Global.
Contact details for VFS Global in Washington
Address: 1025 Vermont Ave NW, St# 200, Washington DC 20005
Tel: 347 329 2738 Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 6.00pm
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00 am – 3.00 pm (Submission of applications)
Monday to Friday, 3.00 pm – 5.00 pm (Collection of passports)
Contact details for the Embassy of Sweden in Washington
Address: 2900 K Street, N.W. Washington, DC 20007
Tel: +1 202 467 2600 Visa phone hours: Monday, and Thursday, 11.00 am – 12.00 pm
Fax: +1 202 467 2699