3 Tips To Get The Most Out Of Glass, Metal And Hardwood Exterior Pivot Doors
One of the most important features of any entryway is the door. Whether you have a door that leads to your backyard, garage, or front porch, these 3 tips will help you get the most out of your new exterior pivot doors.
What are Exterior Pivot Doors?
exterior pivot doors are a great way to increase the curb appeal and security of your home. Whether you need a standard door for your garage or patio, or a more elaborate design for your front entrance,
exterior pivot doors offer a variety of options. When selecting an exterior pivot door, it is important to consider the type of door you need. Standard exterior pivot doors are available in both glass and metal varieties.
Glass exterior pivot doors are perfect if you want an elegant look that will protect your home from the elements. Metal exterior pivot doors are stronger and can withstand weather conditions better than glass doors. If you have a front entrance that needs more security than a standard door provides,
consider installing an external security gate. External security gates come in many styles and can be installed on either side of your doorway. They can also be customized to fit your specific needs, including height, width and angle restrictions.
How to Install Exterior Pivot Doors
1. When installing exterior pivot doors, it is important to consider the weather conditions in your area. In cold climates, metal exterior pivot doors may be a better choice than glass because they are less likely to shatter in the cold. Glass exterior pivot doors can also be damaged if left outside in the sun or rain.
2. It is also important to choose the right door style for your home. A butterfly door is a good option for small spaces, while a French door opens both vertically and horizontally can be a great choice for larger rooms.
3. When measuring for your door, it is important to account for any obstructions that may be in the way (stairs, railings). If these obstructions are not accounted for, the door will not fit properly and may need to be adjusted or replaced altogether [source: Pivot Doors Canada].
4. After measuring and calculating the height of your doorway, install the hinges onto the jamb and screw them into place using screws provided [source: Pivot Doors Canada].
5. Install your door handle assembly by sliding it into position on top of the hinge and screwing it into place [source: Pivot Doors Canada].
6. Once all of your installation hardware has been installed, test your door by opening and closing it several times to ensure that it operates smoothly [source: Pivot Doors Canada].
7. Finally, apply a coat of sealant to all of your installation surfaces (jamb,
The Benefits of Exterior Pivot Doors
If you’re looking for a way to increase the curb appeal of your home while also adding security and convenience, exterior pivot doors may be the perfect option for you. Here are some of the benefits to consider:
1. They add style and architectural value to your home.
2. They improve security by providing a barrier between your home and the outside world.
3. They can be used as an extra entrance or exit, adding flexibility to your home’s layout.
4. They can provide a cooler climate inside your home during hot weather conditions.
Professional Suggestions for Installing Exterior Pivot Doors
When it comes to installing exterior pivot doors, there are a few key things to keep in mind. The first is that these doors should be installed by a professional installer.
Not only will the installation take more time and be more difficult, but the door may not operate as intended if done incorrectly. Additionally, consider using weather stripping on both the interior and exterior of your door.
This will help keep moisture and wind out, as well as ensure that your door opens and closes smoothly. Lastly, make sure to measure your opening carefully before ordering your door.
Too large or too small an opening can result in problems with operation or even damage to the door itself.
Exterior pivot doors can be a great addition to your home or office, but they need to be used in the right way in order to get the most out of them. In this article,
we will give you three tips on how to get the most out of your exterior pivot doors and make sure that they are functional and aesthetically pleasing for your building. Thanks for reading!