The main reason why large businesses and organizations are choosing secure paper shredding services is to maintain complete security and confidentiality of information. Paper shredding is not only a great way to reduce paper, save space, and improve security, but it is also environmentally friendly.
Environmental deterioration and global warming have negatively impacted the health of the planet. Hence, more and more businesses across the globe are striving to go for eco-friendly services. One of the main reasons for deforestation is the demand for paper. Many businesses and individuals are now realizing the need to create sustainable workspaces, in which paper shredding has a key role to play.
Efficient recycling of shredded paper
Shredded paper from secure paper shredding services can be effectively recycled and used for various purposes.
- Companies offering shredding services make use of shredding machines that are “green.”
- The paper shreds that are generated from paper shredding are easy to recycle and reuse.
- By skipping the shredding stage, paper shreds can be processed directly and used in their pulp form.
- Also, shred paper can be re-used for different purposes. For example, it can be converted into new consumer goods such as paper bags, paper towels, and paper plates, thus saving the environment.
- Thus, recycling of paper due to secure paper shredding services helps save energy as well.
- Recycling of paper due to shredding also reduces the rate of deforestation.
- If one ton of paper is recycled, it can save seventeen fully-grown trees.
Shredded paper for composting
- Shredded paper is a great material for composting as well. It is a great source of carbon and the brown ingredient in composting.
- It degrades easily and quickly during the process of compost formation.
- Not just this, shredded paper obtained from shredding services helps soil to retain water and increases its volume.
- Thus, shredded paper can be used to make a good mulch around the trees and shrubs in the garden.
Read Also – Must-Have Tech Gadgets for College Students
Save water by going for secure paper shredding services
Without water, manufacturing paper and pulp is impossible.
Did you know?
The paper and pulp industry remains one of the largest consumers of water in the United States.
Manufacturing 1 kg of paper requires 300–400 liters of fresh water.
- Water is a precious resource and needs to be used carefully.
- Shredding is the only viable eco-friendly service that businesses can use to dispose-off paper in the right way and send it for recycling.
- Shredded paper can be recycled multiple times for various uses.
- Recycling one ton of paper results in 50% less water consumption.
- One ton of recycled office paper saves 4,100 kWh of energy.
- Not just this, but organizations can save energy as well, which would otherwise be required in the different processes of producing paper.
- By shredding old documents and records, businesses can not only play a key role in saving water and trees, but also eliminate the paper manufacturing processes that add extra pollutants in the atmosphere.
Accumulation of paper as waste material
On average, each office employee uses about 10,000 sheets of paper every year. When paper is discarded as trash, it enters landfill sites and keeps on accumulating into huge piles over time. Going for shredding services rather than discarding old paper is an effective way for businesses to avoid paper being accumulated in the environment.
Shredding paper is completely secure
Paper shredding services from professionals offer dual benefits to businesses. On the one hand, they are eco-friendly services, while on the other, they are completely secure. As an entrepreneur, you don’t want any sensitive and confidential information about your organization to fall into the wrong hands. Keeping them on your office premises is risky and sets the stage for a data breach incident. Disposing of paper improperly can also result in a similar consequence. Shredding old paper records ensures that the data is properly discarded and has a positive impact on the environment too.
Burning paper pollutes the environment! Switch to shredding instead
When old paper records and files are no longer required, many businesses are known to follow the practice of burning them. Burning large paper stashes results in the generation of poisonous gases like carbon monoxide, which degrades the Air Quality Index (AQI). Burning is also an insecure way to discard confidential information. Key information can still be retrieved by putting out the fire. Switch to paper shredding and experience complete peace of mind.
Everyone, including businesses, should play their part in saving the environment. By going for paper shredding eco-friendly services, every organization can make a difference to the environment. By shredding and recycling old papers, the impact on the environment during the paper manufacturing process can be minimized.
Become a company that is Eco-friendly and cares for the environment and Mother Earth. Opt for Document shredding today from USA Shredding Company and shred those old documents for recycling.