QuickBooks is one of the most advanced accounting programs that help small and medium-sized organizations to organize and manage their business accounting in one place. QuickBooks allows the user to create invoices, send payroll to the employees, and file standard and federal taxes directly from it.
There are many other features that help the business owner in easy accountability. But being an advanced program, it also undergoes some errors. QuickBooks unrecoverable error is one of them. QuickBooks Desktop shut down suddenly in this case and showed the error 1407. If you are also encountering the same, then this blog will help you. Here you will get the reasons and solutions to fix the error without confusion. Let’s start with the causes.
What are the Reasons QuickBooks unrecoverable error 1407?
You can see the error 1407 in QuickBooks due to the following reasons:
- When you try to open or close the company file.
- While saving a backup copy or portable copy.
- When you select any menu option, link, or button in QuickBooks.
- Updating to the QuickBooks program.
- Updating the QuickBooks Payroll Updates.
- Running the file utilities (rebuild, verify, or condense).
How to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error 1407?
Here, you will learn to easily get rid of the QuickBooks error 1407. But before fixing the error, you should update QuickBooks to the recent release and also create a backup of the company file. After that, follow the given solutions:
Solution 1: Use a Different QuickBooks User
This solution will open a company file with a different QuickBooks user. The following are the steps:
- Firstly, go to the Company and choose Set Up users and Passwords.
- Secondly, choose the Set up Users option.
- Enterprise Users: Go to Company menu>>Users>>Set up Users and Roles.
- Now, choose User and provide the username and password. Click Next.
- Note: Don’t utilize the damaged user name.
- In the next step, customize the user if needed and click on Finish.
- Now, go to the File and choose Close Company/Logoff.
- Lastly, log in to your Company File using the new login credentials.
If the new user works, delete the problematic user and create them again.
Solution 2: Create a New Admin
If the QuickBooks unrecoverable error 1407 occurs, you should create a new admin on your Windows to fix it. The following are the steps:
For Windows 10 and Newer
- In the initial step, Select Start, then Settings, then Account, and then choose Family & Other Users.
- Second, select Add Someone Else to This Pc under Other Users.
- Now, choose I Don’t Have This Person’s Sign-In Information, then add a user who does not have a Microsoft account.
- In the next step, enter the New Account’s Name, then click Finish.
- Note: To ensure security, give the new account a password.
- Here, choose Account Type after selecting the newly created account.
- In the last step, select Administrator and then OK.
For Windows Server 2012 and Newer
Fix the QuickBooks unrecoverable error 1407 with the following steps:
- Firstly, launch the Server Manager.
- Secondly, choose Tools, then Computer Management.
- Then select Groups after expanding Local Users and Groups.
- After that, to open the Administrator Properties window, double-click the Administrator Groups icon. Choose Add.
- Now, enter the account you want to add to the local admin groups in the Select Users, Computers, Service Accounts, or Groups window. Choose OK.
After you’ve configured the new admin, log out and back into Windows before opening QuickBooks. If you don’t see the error, your original Windows user either doesn’t have sufficient access or is corrupted. To repair or replace your Windows user, you’ll need to contact your IT department.
Solution 3: Open a Sample File
A sample company file can help determine whether the issue is with your company file or with QuickBooks. Now follow the given steps and fix the QuickBooks unrecoverable error 1407:
- Hold down the Ctrl key.
- Click the QuickBooks Program icon twice.
- Keep pressing the Ctrl key until you see the No Company Open window.
- Select Open A Sample File.
- Choose a Sample File from the list.
With the help of this blog, we present you with the solutions that can help you fix the QuickBooks 2022 unrecoverable error. Follow the solutions and get it fixed. If error 1407 continues after following the above solutions, then contact the Experts to fix the error completely.