If you’re someone looking for a guide to resolve your QuickBooks error, you must be familiar with this powerful software. It helps users manage their finance related tasks including expenses, payroll and more.
If you use the software often, you must have experienced errors. Among the common ones, come QuickBooks error codes 6000 series.
This error can halt your work as it does not allow you access your company files.
Let’s explore what this error is, what can be the possible reasons behind it, and which methods you can use to resolve it on your system.
Let’s dive in!
What Is QuickBooks Error 6000?
There are many errors that we already have seen that users encounter when they try to access the company files. These 6000 series errors including the QuickBooks error code 6000 77, error 6000 80, and error 6000 83 appear when you try to access the company files.
So, without discussing the further things it impacts, let’s get into the details of the reasons behind the occurrence of this error.
Remember: The 6000 error codes are not limited to the three that are mentioned above. There’re many more belonging to the same series.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 6000 Series
The below are some of the many reasons that can be behind this error occurrence.
- Your system’s firewall is preventing your system from connecting to the internet.
- It can also occur because many users are accessing the same file simultaneously.
- QuickBooks file is damaged.
- Network is not configured correctly.
- The company files you’re trying to access are damaged.
- You’ve not completed the installation process of the software correctly.
- It can also occur while trying to backup the files.
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 Series
Before jumping to the solutions, make sure the below things are done:
- Your QuickBooks software is updated.
- You’ve QuickBooks tool hub installed on your system, and QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Use the auto data recovery options to avoid conflicts.
Solution 1: Restore the file
- Change the location of the file and see if it opens up without any error.
- If it does not, you are facing an error in restoring it.
In such case, follow the below steps:
Method 1: Stop Multi user access
- Go to the company file, and select file menu and then utilities.
- In utilities, find ‘stop hosting multi user access’ and click on it. Select Yes!
Method 2: Limit the path of the company File
- Go to the company file, and click on the address bar.
- Copy this address and paste somewhere to count the total characters.
- Make sure the characters are no greater than 120.
Method 3: Restore the company file
Try to restore the company file and check if the error has been resolved.
Solution 2: Try to Run Sample company file
This is an efficient method to know whether the problem is with the file or the QuickBooks software.
Try opening the sample company file and check if it opens successfully. If it does, the QuickBooks software needs configuration.
- From no company open, select open a sample file, and select any.
- If the file opens up, try repairing the QuickBooks installation files.
Another condition that can happen is that you’re trying to open the company file that is saved on another system. You’re only accessing the version saved in the browser.
To solve this, follow the solution given below:
Solution 3: Open the company file locally (Change the location)
Try opening the file locally, if the file opens up, the problem is with the file path. Or the user is facing the restriction from accessing the file.
Now, the solution is to change the location of the file.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the folder that has a file in it.
- Find the .QBW and copy and paste it on the desktop.
- Now open the QuickBooks.
- On the ‘No Company Open Window, select open or restore existing file you kept on the desktop.
Check if the error has been resolved.
That’s A Wrap!
In this article, we have discussed how QuickBooks error 6000 series can be resolved. This error also prevents the user from accessing the company file.
There can be many reasons behind this, but the common ones are given above.
You can follow any of the methods given above to resolve the error. But make sure that your QuickBooks tool hub is installed on your system beforehand.
If you’ve more questions related to the QuickBooks error 6000 83 or QuickBooks error 6000 80, you may refer to the frequently asked questions section given below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix error 6000 in QuickBooks?
You can fix the error by either changing the path/location of the file, or restoring the file.
What are QuickBooks error codes?
The error codes are the commonly occurring errors that everyday QuickBooks users encounter.
What error is 83 in QuickBooks?
This is also known as the 6000 series error as it is read as error 6000 83. It prevents the user from accessing the file normally.