QuickBooks error 600080 is a complicated but serious issue that requires immediate attention. We will discuss the issue and how to fix it in this blog. These errors can be found in QuickBooks Desktop. They most often occur while opening the company file. These errors can be caused by QuickBooks Desktop in single-user or multi-user modes. It is possible to get lost when trying to troubleshoot the problem.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000 80?
When you experience an error, the message on Windows will display “Error-6000, -880: QuickBooks attempted to access your company file”. For a solution, users are advised to contact support. If you’re familiar with Windows troubleshooting in general, you can follow the solution given in this article. However, you should be careful to follow each step carefully in the sequence.
You have encountered the QuickBooks Error 6000 80
You may be a victim to QuickBooks error 600080 if you experience any of these symptoms.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop or Windows operating system might crash frequently.
- An error message indicating error code 6000 80 might strike on your screen.
- Slow performance is another sign that your system may be experiencing error 6000 80.
Reasons for QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80
- It is important to always convert or restore QuickBooks data from your local storage. If you do this over the network, QuickBooks Desktop error 600080 can occur.
- The company file is hosted by more than one network system.
- Client’s computer cannot establish a connection to the server because of an incorrect network configuration.
- The file for your company is corrupt.
- Windows Firewall and third-party security apps block QuickBooks access to company files in the network.
Solutions to QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 80
If they are having trouble, users can try the following troubleshooting techniques:
Troubleshooting Single User Mode
Solution 1: Restore the company file from local storage and update it
- Copy the file from the cloud to your local storage.
- Now, open the company file in the local storage.
- You can restore QuickBooks data backups from online storage or network by copying the backup file and pasting it onto your desktop.
- Open QuickBooks now and click the File tab. Select Open or Restore Company.
- Click Next and select Restore Backup.
- Browse the backup file on the desktop, and then click OK.
- Follow these steps to restore your backup file.
Solution 2: Repair the damage in company File using QuickBooks File Doctor
- Follow the steps to download QuickBooks Hub.
- Open the Tool Hub program installer file in the Downloads folder.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and accept the license agreement to install the Tool Hub program.
- Run Tool hub via the Start menu, or double-click the icon on your desktop.
- Click on the links to go to the Company File Issues tab.
- Choose QuickBooks File Doctor to repair data damage.
- If you make an error in fixing data damage, you’ll need to restore the most current backup of your company file.
- Follow the steps below to restore backup data.
File Repair for Corrupt QuickBooks Company
- Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub app again and then go to the Company File Issues tab.
- Choose QuickBooks File Doctor and, when asked to choose the repair type, only select the company file.
- Continue the file repair process by selecting appropriate options.
- After the company file errors have been fixed, you can re-access your file to confirm that the error 6000 80 has been resolved.
Fix Network Connection Errors
- Run QuickBooks File Doctor, and choose the option to fix Network errors.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to reconfigure your network immediately.
Reset Windows Firewall Configuration
- You can find detailed instructions for setting up third-party security software or Windows Firewall to allow QuickBooks file to connect to the company file by following the Exclude QBQ from the Software Scan List step in our article about error 6094.
Copy Backup or Company File
Copy and paste any company files or backups that are on an external storage device to your local drive. It is updated regularly and internal so there are less chances of it getting corrupted.
You can choose to update or restore the QB company file.