SARMs (selective androgen receptor modulators) are synthetic performance-enhancing drugs chemically similar to anabolic steroids. They work by simulating many of the effects of testosterone in your muscles and bone tissues by binding to specific cellular androgen receptors – while aiming to have minimal impact on your other organs.
What are The Types of SARMs?
There are numerous types of Sarms, with some having stronger results than others.
When buy sarms online, most standard ones you’ll see for sale are:
- Ostarine MK-2866– This one is popular for cycles and can be used in PCT or to bridge dosages. 25mgs a day taken over 4 weeks won’t cause testosterone suppression but can encourage lean muscle mass; fat loss; increased strength, and protection of soft tissue health/joints.
- Anabolic- Ligandrol– This sarm is now in clinical testing for its precluding muscle wasting. It is believed to be excellent for soft tissues, joints, and bone health but can also boost lean muscle mass gains, strength increases, and fat loss when taken at a dosage of 5-20mgs a day.
- Andarine– This sarm is best known for its capability to increase strength. It can also enhance lean muscle mass and fat loss. Dosages range from 25-75mgs a day.
- Testolone– Originally designed with the hope it would replace anabolic hormones for replacement therapy, Testolone has got excellent pharmacokinetics and is considered the most potent sarm on the market.
What’s The Difference Between SARMs and Steroids?
By now, you probably think steroids and sarms are the same things. And you couldn’t be blamed for feeling this way as there are a lot of similarities between the two.
To make your life easier, here are the biggest differences you need to know:
- Sarms are less potent at muscle building than anabolic steroids.
- Sarms are harder to catch in drug testing than steroids.
- Anabolic steroids can cause nasty side effects, including virilization, estrogen problems, androgenic side effects, heart strain, insomnia, prostate issues, hair loss, acne, hormone imbalances, damage to joint and ligament health, and reproductive dysfunction (often this is permanent).
Sarms don’t cause as much damage or harm to your body as steroids because they are selective. They only produce the androgen receptors in your muscles and bone cells – telling them to grow. They have no (or minimal) effect on your other cells or endocrine system.
- Sarms are easier to heal from than steroids. As they aren’t as anabolic as purified testosterone, they won’t affect your system negatively or suppress your natural testosterone (as much).
How are SARMs Used in Bodybuilding
One of the major reasons – aside from their lack of side effects. why sarms are so popular within the bodybuilding community is that you can use them in any part of your bodybuilding cycle.
So how to take sarms for bodybuilding?
Stacking – if you plan to stack them with an anabolic steroid. Trenbolone can help counteract any endurance problems you may encounter. Ligandrol is generally used with steroids to raise muscle gains. While Ostarine can help to maintain your soft tissues healthy.
PCT – some bodybuilders use SARMs purely for PCT to help control muscle loss. The best are GW501516, SR9009, and Nutrobal. All of these are non-suppressive, making them standard for PCT. Ostarine can also help control muscle wasting.
Bulking – Nutrobal is the finest at bulking as it helps to improve hunger; however, Ligandrol is good for increasing lean muscle mass development/growth.
Cutting – GW501516 and SR9009 are suitable for cutting, as they help generate good fat loss. To do it as a stack, GW and S4 (Andarine) are valuable when sticking to a calorie-deficient diet, as they will enable you to shred while stacking.