If you’ve been involved in a Truck accident lawyer West Palm beach, there are a few things you should do to ensure your safety and protect your rights. First, call the police and make sure they file a report. Then, get the contact information of any witnesses who saw the accident. You should also take pictures of the damage to both vehicles.
Next, seek medical attention, even if you don’t think you’re injured. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not be immediately apparent. Once you’ve seen a doctor, contact a car accident lawyer in West Palm Beach. An experienced lawyer can help you navigate the complex legal process and get the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, contact the car accident lawyers at Clark Fountain LaVista Prather Keen & Littky-Rubin. We have over 100 years of combined experience and will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us today for a free consultation.
West Palm Beach is a busy area—not only does it have a large local population, but it is also a popular tourist destination. That means already heavy traffic grows even worse in the tourist season. And, more traffic means a higher risk of a car accident.
Even those who are careful when driving and try to avoid accidents cannot avoid every accident. You should always know what to do after you get into a car wreck. It could help you protect your financial, legal, and medical rights. What to Do After a Car Accident in West Palm Beach? There are several steps you should take after getting into a car accident no matter who is at fault. These steps will help you protect your rights and could prevent further damages.
- Check for Injuries and Call for help after the car crash, it is essential to check for injuries. If anyone is injured, call for medical assistance right away. Even if the injuries do not seem severe, it is still best to get checked out by a medical professional as some injuries might not be apparent right away.
- Move to a Safe LocationOnce everyone has been checked for injuries and help has been called, if possible, move the vehicles to a safe location
If a car accident occurred in the middle of traffic, and the vehicles cannot be moved, turn on the hazard lights to warn other drivers.
- Call the PoliceDepending on the severity of the car accident, you might want to call the police. The police will create an accident report which could come in handy later if you need to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
- Gather information from all parties involved in the car accident, and gather their names, contact information, and insurance information. Also, try to get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Take pictures if you have a camera or smartphone with you, and take pictures of the car accident scene, including both vehicles and any visible injuries.
- Seek Medical AttentionEven if you do not feel injured, it is always best to get checked out by a medical professional. Some car accident injuries, such as whiplash, might not be apparent right away.
- Call a Car Accident AttorneyAfter a car accident, one of the best things you can do is call an experienced car accident lawyer. A car accident lawyer will know how to protect your rights and could help you get the compensation you deserve. For over 50 years, the car accident attorneys at Clark Fountain LaVista Prather Keen & Littky-Rubin have been representing car accident victims in West Palm Beach and throughout Florida. We have the experience and resources to aggressively fight for you. Contact us today for a free consultation.
At the Accident Scene
Before you do anything, make sure your injuries do not prevent you from moving. Slowly move each limb to see if you broke anything. Keep in mind that adrenaline often hides pain from certain injuries. Always move slowly and test yourself before you get out of the vehicle.
If you can move around without causing additional damage, contact first responders. While you are on the phone with the dispatcher, check on others involved in the wreck. Let the dispatcher know how many people might require medical attention. If anyone appears to have a serious injury, do not attempt to move them. This could result in more significant injuries. Once the police and medical professionals arrive, they will take over. Do not leave the accident scene until it is safe to do so. If you can, move your car out of traffic to avoid blocking the flow of traffic. Turn on your hazard lights to make your car more visible to other drivers. If you cannot move your car, stay inside with your seat belt fastened until help arrives. Exchange Information With The Other DriverAfter everyone has been checked for injuries and emergency responders have been contacted, if possible, you should move your car to a safe location off the road.
Obtain Contact and Other Information
Ask other drivers involved in the accident for their contact information, registration information, and insurance information. Be sure to write down the year, make, model, and color of the vehicle. For insurance information, you need the company name and policy number. If the name on the policy or insurance card is not the same as the driver’s, be sure to obtain contact information for both.
Also, speak with witnesses. While asking for their contact information, you can also ask them what they saw. Take notes as to which witness said what, even if it does not benefit you. The notes will come in handy if the other driver denies being at fault for the accident. If you are unable to obtain information from the other driver, do not worry. The police report will contain this information, and your truck accident lawyer west palm beach can help you obtain a copy of the report. Take Pictures or Videos of the Scene and InjuriesIf you have a camera or smartphone with you, take pictures of the car accident scene, including both vehicles and any visible injuries. If it is safe to do so, take pictures or videos of traffic signs or signals in the area, skid marks on the road, and anything else that might be relevant to the car accident. These photos could help prove how the car accident happened.