Individuals suffering from fever and jaundice should visit a hepatologist in Islamabad. The specialist will conduct relevant tests to diagnose the disease and understand the cause. The tests will help the doctor determine the severity of the condition before providing the patient with the treatment plan. An early diagnosis and timely treatment help in smooth recovery without further complications.
It is a condition in which the gallstones obstruct the bile duct, which is responsible for the transportation of bile from the gallbladder to the intestines. The individuals exhibiting symptoms that correlate with choledocholithiasis should immediately seek medical attention, or else it can be life-threatening. People above fifty are more likely to suffer from choledocholithiasis.
What are the known symptoms of choledocholithiasis?
The symptoms ofcholedocholithiasis are:
- The patient has a high-grade fever, and the medications are proven ineffective in managing the symptoms.
- The caregivers notice that the skin and eyes appear yellow, and the patient remains lethargic, which are the symptoms of jaundice.
- The patient experiences pain in the upper portion of the body, which affects productivity and movement.
- The patient remains nauseous most of the time and may suffer from the constant vomiting.
What causes an individual to suffer from choledocholithiasis?
The known causes ofcholedocholithiasis are:
- The formation of the gallstones in the body can cause multiple complications, including choledocholithiasis. The causes of the formation of gallstones in the body are:
- Individuals with high cholesterol in the body are more likely to suffer from multiple complications, including heart disease and choledocholithiasis.
- People with High bilirubin levels are more likely to have gallstones in the body that can lead to choledocholithiasis.
- The hindrance in the functioning of the bile duct can cause Choledocholithiasis.
The individuals at higher risk of suffering from Choledocholithiasis are:
- Individuals who remain inactive throughout the day are more likely to suffer from high cholesterol can lead to multiple physical and mental health complications, including choledocholithiasis.
- People who fast for a longer duration are at a higher risk of suffering from choledocholithiasis.
- People who rapidly reduce body mass can suffer from the formation of gallstones in the body.
- Obesity can lead to choledocholithiasis.
- People with poor dietary habits such as low intake of fiber and high intake of carbohydrates are more likely to suffer from choledocholithiasis.
- Pregnant women should prioritize their physical and psychological health, as they are more likely to suffer from choledocholithiasis.
What are the complications associated with choledocholithiasis?
The complications that correlate with choledocholithiasis are:
- The patient is at a higher risk of developing a hepatic abscess that can lead to infection and cause hindrance in the functioning of vital organs.
- The patients should take timely treatment to avoid pancreatitis.
What are the preventative measures that help minimize the occurrence of choledocholithiasis?
- The preventative measures include:
- People should try to maintain healthy dietary habits and avoid consuming fatty foods that affect bodily functions.
- People should not engage in a crash diet or low-calorie intake as it can lead to the formation of gallstones.
- People should maintain a healthy lifestyle by having a balanced diet and staying active throughout the day.
- People with high cholesterol should take medication and change their lifestyles to avoid complications.
What tests help diagnose an individual with choledocholithiasis?
The tests that help in diagnosing an individual with choledocholithiasis are:
- The imaging tests will help get a detailed image of gallstones in the gallbladder and pancreas.
- The lipid profile test will help check the cholesterol levels in the body.
What are the effective treatment options for choledocholithiasis?
The procedures that are known to be effective in treating choledocholithiasis are:
- The laparoscopy helps remove the gallstones and enhance the functioning of the bile duct.
- Lithotripsy helps in shrinking the size of gallstones to prevent complications.
- The sphincterotomy is a surgical procedure in which the incision of the gall stones allows the removal of gallstones.
Patients diagnosed with choledocholithiasis should consult a hepatologist in Lahore to seek guidance regarding treatment options.