Adults and children want to have healthy and younger-looking g skin. Similarly, they want their feet to look clean and smooth. Cracked heels are a common problem for youngsters and adults. It can cause pain, discomfort, and consciousness. Thus, people should prioritize their skin health and try home remedies. However, if the person has additional skin problems and home remedies are proven ineffective, they must consult a dermatologist in Rawalpindi. The specialist will provide guidance regarding effective and latest treatment options that will enhance skin health and give a sense of contentment.
The home remedies that have been proven effective in healing
cracked heels are:
- A mixture of Listerine and Vinegar: The mouthwash Listerine is available worldwide. It contains alcohol and thymol, which helps fight the fungus and heal the cracked heels. Vinegar is acidic in nature that helps remove the dead cells from the skin. The combination of Listerine and vinegar is proven beneficial in removing dead cells and bacteria that may worsen the condition. People with cracked heels should add half a cup of Listerine and vinegar to four cups of water and soak their feet for twenty minutes. Moisturize and repeat the process for a month weekly to notice the visible change.
- Use a Moisturizer Daily: People with cracked heels should buy a moisturizer that contains salicylic acid, and saccharide isomerase. They help soften the skin and exfoliate the dead skin cells. It helps in the healing process. Therefore, it is essential to apply moisturizer every day before sleeping to fasten the healing process.
- Exfoliation: Feet exfoliation is necessary to help the heels heal. Soak the feet in warm water and use a loofah to remove the impurities and dead skin cells. People must exfoliate their heels once a week to prevent cracking.
- Use Coconut Oil: Coconut help retain moisture and heal dry skin. People with cracked heels can suffer from infections and bleeding. Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help reduce the chances of contracting infections. Apply a few drops of oil to the affected area before sleeping.
- Use Raw Honey: Honey has antibacterial properties and contains a humectant. Therefore, people with cracked heels can notice a visible change in the skin after using the remedy. Add one cup of honey in lukewarm water and soak the feet for twenty minutes. Use a clean loofah for exfoliation and repeat the process once a week.
- Banana: People who cannot find a suitable moisturizing cream can use bananas. Bananas have vitamins and work like a moisturizer. It keeps the skin hydrated. Prepare a paste of banana by blending it and applying it to the cracked heels. Gently massage for ten minutes and rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera is proven effective in wound healing and killing bacteria. It helps heal the cracks and instantly provides moisture to the skin. People can notice the change four to five days after trying the remedy. Extract the fresh aloe vera gel and add it to the warm water. Soak the feet, pat them dry and wear socks before sleeping.
- Baking Soda: The use of baking soda on heels can help remove dirt, impurities, and dead cells. It is the best natural exfoliator that can help heal dry skin.
- Epsom Salt: The Epson salt has anti-inflammatory properties that help in the healing process and soften the skin.
- Lemon Juice and Petroleum Jelly: Lemon contributes to the peel of the skin and regenerates the cells. However, it can cause dryness due to its acidic nature; therefore, people must apply petroleum jelly to moisturize the skin and prevent associated complications.
People with skin problems should confer with a dermatologist at Mid City Hospital. A competent and reliable doctor will diagnose the problem and provide adequate information regarding the treatment options, preventive measures, and complications. It will help the person become aware and vigilant and take proper treatment on time to avoid further physical health-related complications.