Recently, there has been a noticeable demand for various types of wireless headphones. Modern models are distinguished by low weight, elegant shapes, and good functionality. Since such headphones for the phone have become a fashionable trend, unscrupulous manufacturers have also begun to produce them. Such products are of low quality, and their share is more than 50% of the market. Next, let’s look at how to choose wireless headphones for a smartphone and not only one.
What are wireless headphones?
Wireless Bluetooth headphones are available in a wide range and are conventionally divided into different types and types:
- Vacuum. They sit perfectly in the ears and provide reliable sound insulation.
- Moisture resistant. Protected from water. Can be used even while swimming.
- Overhead. Made in an arcuate shape and completely cover the auricle. A closed space is created where extraneous sounds do not penetrate. Ideal for game lovers.
- In-ear headphones. received the most distribution. However, not all models are securely fixed in the ears and may fall out at the wrong time.
- Made with True Wireless technology. A typical representative is Air Pods from Apple.
Basic parameters of wireless headphones
Before choosing headphones, you should familiarize yourself with the characteristics that vary significantly between models. Below are the leading indicators that require special attention.
The method of connection and transmission of information determines the possibility of using earbuds wireless headphones in conjunction with a particular device. This parameter is of great importance when choosing a product.
The main technologies used for wireless communication are based on the capabilities of radio communication, Bluetooth function, and infrared port. The latter option has long been irrelevant, so the first two methods will be considered in more detail.
- Radio communication. Products of this type are used only indoors. Connection with audio equipment is carried out through a special transmitter, which is quite bulky and inconvenient to carry. The discharge of such devices is much faster. However, radio headphones have a large range, so they are very effective in private homes and offices. A stable signal is maintained at a distance of several tens of meters, without losing connection quality.
- Bluetooth headphones. They are compact in size and are often used offline. Due to the economy, the battery lasts for a long time, and no additional devices are required to receive sounds from tablets or smartphones. All types of these wireless headphones can be connected to stationary equipment – computers and TVs. Many modern devices are equipped with a Bluetooth function, and in their absence, you can use a module or a special transmitter that plugs into the appropriate port or socket.
Before choosing wireless headphones for your smartphone, it is recommended that you check their volume. This parameter equates to sensitivity. To prevent the model from being too quiet, the sensitivity of the earpiece must be at least 95 dB. However, frequent use of loud music can cause serious hearing damage. The selected device must correspond to a certain frequency range. For human hearing, this characteristic is from 20 to 20 thousand Hz.
When deciding which wireless headphones to choose, many users opt for the option with a microphone. In this case, the device can be used as a headset when connected to a computer or smartphone. Many microphones are made built-in, so they do not spoil the appearance of the product at all.
External noise protection
Loud extraneous sounds create serious interference when talking on the phone or listening to content. In this regard, good wireless headphones must necessarily have additional sound isolation. The most effective are internal devices made in the form of plugs. They belong to the category of vacuum and provide the best possible blocking of extraneous noise.
From this characteristic it completely depends on how quickly and often the headphones will be discharged. Specifications always display the period of time during which the device will be able to work without recharging.