Ever find yourself distracted from a crucial task because your browser unexpectedly stopped functioning?
It has been a very long time since the internet was just a collection of plain text pages. Today’s websites may have audio, video, interactive features, and mountains of photos, and as a result, your browser may eventually become less responsive.
However, it doesn’t have to be this way. By performing some frequent maintenance and cleaning, you can make sure your browsing remains quick for longer. This recommendation is applicable to all popular desktop browsers.
There are several helpful suggestions for accelerating a slow browser that might help you avoid this. You might also change to a different and fastest browser for Windows that offers you security and speed right away.
Let us first understand some common reasons behind the sluggish behavior of browsers.
Causes Behind the Lagging Browsers
Your browser may be running slowly for one of the following reasons:
- Numerous open tabs or active browser sessions
- An online temporary file cache that hasn’t been cleaned off in a while.
- Your browser is having issues because of harmful cookies.
- Certain extensions or add-ons.
- Stale applications
- An attack of malware or virus.
- Poor internet signal
Some of them are simple to fix; all you have to do is install an antivirus program and dismiss any tabs you’re not using. Continue reading to find out how to fix the other browser difficulties, then let’s increase browser speed.
Easy Fixes for the Sluggish Browser
Although a computer’s performance will deteriorate over time, using the advice in the following paragraphs will considerably extend your computer’s life.
Additionally, these suggestions can make browsing more enjoyable. In no time, you’ll be using a speedier PC.
Here are some tips for quickening Chrome as well as other browsers.
Ensure the speed of your internet connection
First, examine if the issue is limited to your slow internet. Whatever you discover will assist you in concentrating your efforts and resolving your issue more successfully.
To see whether it resolves the issue, try boosting up your internet connection. You can also increase the internet speed on your phone.
Make sure to keep your browser updated
Software updates are made by developers to close security gaps and fix performance issues. The most recent version of your browser will provide you with the greatest performance.
To update any of the most widely used browsers, follow these steps:
For Google Chrome
To upgrade Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- In the upper right corner, click the three dots.
- Choose Help.
- Select Google Chrome About.
- This button will take you to a menu where you will either be given the option to upgrade Google Chrome or informed that Chrome is already updated.
It is simple to update Firefox. How to do it is as follows:
- In the upper right corner, you can find the hamburger menu.
- Choose Help.
- Click on Firefox About.
- The window will indicate whether or not Firefox is current.
- If not, a choice to upgrade right away will be available. Toggle it.
For Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge updates are as simple to perform as updates for other browsers. Follow the below instructions to do so.
- In the top right corner, click the Menu button.
- Without clicking, hover the mouse pointer over Help and feedback.
- Select Microsoft Edge About.
- If there will be any updates, Edge will search for them and instruct you on how to install them.
Delete the unwanted plug-ins and extensions
In the same way that having too many unnecessary apps on your computer may slow it down, having quite so many extensions and plug-ins on your browser can have a similar effect.
They consume system resources and may even result in crashes and problems. Although they can bring really helpful capabilities to your browser, extensions aren’t always useful.
As a result, it’s a good idea to conduct an audit of all your installed extensions periodically and get rid of any that you no longer use, don’t recognize, or aren’t actually necessary.
To delete a browser extension, follow these instructions:
- Regardless of the browser, you’re operating, you may click the Settings menu. It is represented by three dots, three lines, or a gear, in the upper right.
- Locate the selection that says Extensions or Add-ons.
- The settings button in Google Chrome is on the left; click it first.
- You will be directed to a page that lists all add-ons and should have an Uninstall option beside each one.
- There shouldn’t be any extensions present that you didn’t add. It may be malware if you don’t remember adding it.
- Remove everything that appears strange or suspicious or that you just don’t need.
- Additionally, if you believe you have a virus infection, utilize a specialized malware removal application to get rid of it.
- This should make the process go more quickly whether you’re deleting add-ons from Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Clear out the browser cache and cookies
Cookies are small pieces of information that assist websites in remembering details about you, like your login information.
If you clear all your cookies, you’ll have to log in again to everything, so be sure your passwords are either known to you or are stored safely with a password manager. To save bandwidth, components of recently viewed websites are already loaded in the cache.
However, we advise periodically emptying your cache and beginning over. The cache should be automatically managed by your browser, however, it can accumulate and occasionally create issues.
Follow the below steps as per your browser.
- Choose Clear browsing data under Settings in Chrome.
- You may locate the setting in Firefox Preferences in the Privacy & Security option and Clear Data.
- Open Settings in Opera, select Privacy & Security and then click Clear browsing data.
- Go to the Privacy and Services tab in Microsoft Edge, then select Choose What to Clear option.
Also Read: How To Increase Mic Volume On Hyperx Cloud 2
In conclusion, there are numerous reasons why a browser may open slowly in the Windows system. We strongly advise you to try each of the aforementioned solutions, as one of them will undoubtedly resolve your issue, depending on the root cause.