HyperX Cloud 2 is among the most popular headset among gamers for the incredible gaming experience it provides. However, recently many users have complained that low headset volume robs them of the thrill of playing games with a high volume.
If you also think the headset volume is too low for your taste and it does not give you the desired experience, this article is all you need to read. Through this write-up, we acquaint you with the tried and tested ways to boost the mic volume if it sounds muffled.
Let us not waste precious time and move straight to the methods to turn up the mic volume.
Methods to Increase Volume
Below is how you may increase the mic’s volume to suit your liking.
Method 1: Adjust the headset
If you want to make the mic louder, you need to configure or adjust it via settings. Below is the step-by-step way to do it.
- Right-click on the volume icon visible on the taskbar.
- Choose the open sound settings option from the small menu that you see.
- Select the sound control panel from related settings.
- Head to the Playback tab and right-click your microphone.
- Choose Properties from the given options.
- Use the slider present under the levels tab to increase the volume.
Method 2: Check the mute switch
If HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working, it may be muted. Hence, you need to look at the mute switch and unmute the microphone to make it work. Here is how to unmute the mic in Windows.
- Right-click on the Start button and choose Control Panel from the available list.
- Select Sound from the menu available on your screen.
- On the Playback tab, right-click your microphone.
- If the volume icon in the levels tab shows that the microphone is muted, click on it to unmute the mic.
Method 3: Use a third-party software
There are numerous programs available in the marketplace to help you boost the volume of your microphone. You may choose the application that best suits your requirements and is easy to use. Some equalizers and volume boosters include Audacity, Expstudio Audio Editor, and Equalizer APO.
Method 4: Update firmware
Firmware updates fix the minor bugs that may have crept into your microphone, causing low volume. Hence, updating the firmware may help you increase the mic volume. You may navigate to the official website of HyperX to update the HyperX Cloud 2 mic firmware.
Method 5: Remove interferences
Other devices with the same frequency as that of your mic may cause interference between your wireless microphone and computer. And, it may lead to the microphone’s volume being inaudible or too low. Hence, you should move to another location or turn off these devices so that they do not cause interruption between your mic and PC.
Method 6: Reinstall the sound drivers
Low microphone volume may also be a result of outdated audio drivers. Therefore, updating the audio drivers can give an instant boost to the mic volume. You may perform these steps to update the driver.
- In the search box next to the Windows icon, input Device Manager and select it from the list that appears.
- Click on the Sound, video, and game controllers to view them. Windows 11 users choose Audio inputs and outputs.
- Right-click on your microphone and select Update driver from the on-screen list of options.
- Search automatically for updated driver software. Windows 11 users choose the option to Search automatically for drivers.
- After Windows downloads the needed driver update and installs it, restart your system to complete the process.
Method 7: Perform Windows troubleshooting
There is a troubleshooting utility in Windows to fix common issues like the microphone volume is too low. Hence, you may use it to solve the problem and increase the volume. Below we share the directions to do it.
- Right-click the taskbar’s sound or speaker icon.
- Choose Troubleshoot sound problems from the on-screen options.
- Wait for Windows to diagnose sound problems on your computer.
- Pick the issues you wish to fix and follow the on-screen directions to find the best solution.
Method 8: Set the microphone as your default device
Setting the microphone as your default device can fix many problems, including low volume. Thus, below is how to set the microphone as default to turn up the volume.
- Right-click the volume icon on the taskbar and Open sound settings.
- Navigate to the Sound Control Panel.
- In the Playback tab, right-click on your microphone and choose set as default from the available options.
- Select the tabs labeled Apply and OK to make the changes.
Method 9: Use a higher version of the sound format
Switching to a higher sound format version often fixes the microphone’s low volume problems. Therefore, the following are the steps to change the sound format’s version.
- Right-click on the Taskbar’s speaker icon and pick Sounds from the options on your screen.
- Now, right-click your microphone and go to its Properties.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Choose the Default format, and select bit depth and sample rate from the on-screen menu.
- Save the changes using the Apply and OK buttons.
Mic Volume Increased
This article elaborated on various methods to elevate the volume of your HyperX Cloud 2 mic. We hope you are now having a great experience with your microphone. Thank you for taking the time to go through this write-up. We will return soon with another helpful tech guide.