If you live in the Twenty-First Century, you may have heard the term “Data Analytics” very frequently. It is one of the terms that are most in use right now. This is the perfect article to read if you want to start your career in data analytics.In recent years, data analytics has stirred up an uproar in the worldwide data-centric industry.
Alt Text: What Career Opportunities are in Data Analytics to look out for in 2022?
A data analyst who is a data expert and has an extensive understanding of data mining and data handling is sought after by several various data firms. Jobs in data analytics include attractive annual income packages as well as significant tasks and duties.
If you’re looking for a career in Data Analytics, here we recommend Intellipaat’s Data Analysis Certification!!
Table of Contents:
- What is Data Analytics?
- Skills Required for Data Analyst
- Career opportunities in Data Analytics
- Data Analyst Responsibilities
What is Data Analytics?
The procedure of analyzing datasets to make judgments about the data they include is known as data analytics. You may take original information and use data analytical tools to find connections and gain insightful conclusions from them.
Data analysts utilize data analytics techniques and tools in their research, and firms generally use them to make judgments.
Businesses may use data analysis to build goods, analyze advertising, customize content, and establish the content strategy. In the end, organizations may leverage data analytics to increase productivity and raise their profits.
Data analysts work at the interface of industry, economics, and information technology. They integrate these sectors to support the success of enterprises and organizations. By identifying trends in data, a data analyst aims to boost productivity and enhance productivity.
Skills Required for Data Analytics
Every year, there is a greater need for data analysts than there are worthy applicants to fill such positions. In fact, according to Glassdoor Statistics, the amount of analyst job vacancies is predicted to increase by 25% between 2021 and 2031, At that rate, it is much greater than the 6% annual employment growth anticipated for all positions in the nation.
To fill up this data analytics job Vacancies, the Candidate should have these relevant skills:
- Machine Learning: In general, machine learning expertise is not required of data analysts. However, mastering machine learning might provide you with a significant advantage.
- SQL: The most crucial skill to master in order to land a job is probably SQL because practically all data analysts will be required to utilize it to retrieve information from a firm’s database.
In fact, professional screenings using SQL are regularly a part of the hiring process for data analysts.
Fortunately, SQL is among the simpler databases to master.
- Econometrics: Econometrics is a branch of statistics and mathematics that pertains to the study of economics and is used by data analysts.
Data analysts looking for work in the finance industry, particularly at investment companies and hedge funds, need to be very knowledgeable in econometrics.
- Database Management: Data management systems are utilized differently by various businesses.
It might be beneficial to have a thorough grasp of how databases function in both local and cloud contexts as you and it will build your skill level.
Career Opportunities In Data Analytics
Data analytics are more critical than ever in the current digital era. With the demand for data analysts rising daily, there are several career possibilities across numerous sectors for data analysts.
The following list includes a few career opportunities that call for data analysts:
- Data Engineer: Data engineers usually concentrate on massive data volumes while developing the firm’s architecture around different Data Analytics techniques.
Data engineers must be experienced in developing and testing strategies in addition to having strong coding and visualization tool abilities.
The average salary of a Data Engineer is ₹:8,07,500 per annum.
- Data Scientist: Data Scientists gather and analyze information that may be delivered as insights that help, making this one of the most widely known Data Analytics employment options.
When working with complicated data and advanced analytics applications, data scientists frequently need considerable competence in data analytics, including knowledge of coding languages such as R and Python, data visualization software, and other essential abilities.
The average salary of a Data Scientist is ₹:11,07,648 per annum.
- Quantitative Analyst: A quantitative analyst uses data analytics to examine huge quantities of information in order to comprehend financial management, the market of firms, trending currencies, the share market, etc.
The average salary of a Quantitative Analyst is ₹:12,95,876 per annum.
- Business Intelligence Analyst: Business intelligence (BI) technologies enable firms to transform raw information into insights, and BI analysts must be well-versed in these tools.
Data visualizations using diagrams and charts are provided by BI analysts, who also produce presentations that are utilized to make critical company decisions.
The average salary of a Business Intelligence Analyst is ₹:7,00,986 per annum.
- Marketing Analyst: Predicting the future, spotting opportunities, and streamlining procedures all need the utilization of pertinent data by marketing analysts.
As the individual in this capacity must frequently contact the customer teams, good interpersonal skills are required in along with technical expertise.
The average salary of a Marketing Analyst is ₹:8,19,027 per annum.
- Machine learning Engineer: Machine Learning Engineer analyzes and assesses statistical models and machine learning algorithms using data analytics.
Expertise in both coding and statistics should be required for an ML Engineer.
The average salary of a Machine Learning Engineer is ₹:7,48,256 per annum.
Data Analyst Responsibilities
An individual whose job is to collect and analyze data to address a particular issue is known as a data analyst. In addition to a significant amount of time spent analyzing data, the profession also requires conveying results.
Many data analysts work as follows daily:
- Automated data extraction from primary and secondary data sources
- Removing faulty data, fixing coding problems, and other pertinent problems
- Creating and maintaining databases and data systems allows for the rearranging of data in a useful way.
- Analyzing data to judge its value and quality.
- Finding patterns or trends within the information will help you analyze it and provide a solution to your original inquiry.
These are just a handful of industries that require data analytics. However, the field of data analytics as a whole has enormous potential. There are a lot more career opportunities and job possibilities in the data analytics sector, and future production is expected to be even more significant.
Consequently, a career in data analytics is a lucrative choice with enormous room for potential development.