If you want to do wholesale women clothing business, refine that list in order to find the best vendor for your storefront. Below are some of the factors you’ll need to consider:
- Location: Knowing where the wholesaler is based is crucial because this affects cost. With overseas vendors, duties, shipping, and taxes can quickly add up and limit your margins. If you have profits in the back of your mind, go with a vendor operating in or around your region.
- Quality: If you’re going for fast fashion, quality might not be that much of a concern for your business. But if you’re planning to sell something high-end and unique, quality quickly becomes a priority. If you’re unsure about a vendor’s quality, you can always place a small order to evaluate quality before making a larger investment.
How to Identify Fake Boutique Wholesalers
You might not know this, but there are illegitimate wholesalers out there intending to make easy money off of new boutique owners. These wholesalers are actually middlemen who buy clothing from manufacturers and distributors and sell them at a higher price. Sourcing products from them means you will price yourself out of the market. You don’t want that.
Fortunately, there are some telltale signs of fake clothing wholesalers:
- The vendor does not require your business registration or tax ID to do business with you. That’s because a fake wholesaler doesn’t care whether or not you meet government regulations.
- The company does not state where they are located or mention their name when communicating over email or phone, leaving you wondering about the shipping fee and who to contact.
- They refuse to send you samples or behave strangely when you place a small order. This is often a sign that you’re dealing with an intermediary who’s looking to make a profit by selling in bulk at higher prices.
- Fake suppliers selling counterfeit items will also deny sample requests, as samples give an idea of clothing quality.
Always Source From The Best
Choosing a wholesale boutique vendor is a big decision for your business, so take the time to research your options and filter out fake wholesalers. The extra time you spend now will help you avoid any unpleasant surprises down the road. Keep the above tips in mind, and you should be able to find the best wholesalers who always provide you with genuine, quality products at reasonable prices.