Epson printers are quite possibly the most well-known and broadly utilized printer. However, like other printers, they are also susceptible to errors and issues. One of the most common errors that Epson printers face is the ‘Epson Printer says offline’ error. This error can be caused due to a variety of reasons such as outdate printer drivers, incorrect printer settings, etc. Fortunately, there are a few simple steps that you can follow to fix this error. In this article, we will look at some of the methods you can use to troubleshoot and fix an ‘Epson Printer says offline‘ error in MAC devices.
What are the Top Methods to Fix Epson Printer Offline Error?
Method 1: Check if Your Printer is Turned ON
The first thing that you need to do is to check if your printer is turn on or not. If the printer is turned off, it will show an ‘Epson Printer says offline’ error. So, make sure that the printer is turn on and try printing again. To do this,
- Click on the ‘Apple’ logo present in the top left corner of your screen.
- Now, click on ‘System Preferences.’
- From the ‘System Preferences’ window look for ‘Printers & Scanners’ and then click to open it.
- Now, check if your printer’s name is in the list of printers. If it is not present, then your printer is turned off. Turn on the printer and take a chance at printing once more.
Method 2: Check the Printer’s Connection
Another thing that you need to check is the printer’s connection. If the printer is not correctly connect to the computer, it will also show an ‘Epson Printer says offline’ error. So, make sure that the printer is appropriately connected to the computer.
Method 3: Check the Printer’s Settings
If the printer’s settings are incorrect, it can also cause an Epson Printer offline error. So, you need to check the printer’s settings and ensure they are correct. To do this,
- Tap the ‘Start’ menu and then select the ‘Control Panel.’
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ and select ‘Printers’ from it.
- Right-click the Epson printer option and then select ‘Properties.’
- In the ‘Properties’ window, go to the ‘Ports’ tab and make sure that the correct port is select.
- Once you have checked and corrected the printer’s settings, try printing again.
Method 4: Update the Printer Driver
If the printer driver is outdate, it can also cause an ‘Epson Printer says offline’ error. So, you need to update the printer driver and ensure it is up-to-date. To do it,
- From the ‘Start’ menu and then select ‘Control Panel’ to proceed further.
- Now, access the ‘Control Panel,’ then select ‘Device Manager.’
- From the ‘Device Manager’ window, expand the ‘Printers’ section.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and select ‘Update Driver Software.’
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen to update the printer driver.
Once the printer driver is update, try printing again.
Method 5: Restart the Printer Spooler Service
If the printer spooler service is not working correctly, it can also cause an ‘Epson Printer offline Fix‘ error. So, you need to restart the printer spooler service and ensure it is working correctly. Once the ‘Print Spooler’ service gets restarted then try to print again.
These are some methods you can use to troubleshoot and fix an ‘Epson Printer says offline’ error in MAC devices. First, let’s start with the basics. An Epson printer offline error can mean a few different things. It might mean that your printer is not turned on or it’s not connected to your computer. If you’re certain your printer is turned on and properly connected to your computer, then there are a few other fixes you can try.
can reset the printing system on your Mac device by going to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners and clicking “Reset Printing System.” might also need to delete and reinstall the printer software from your computer if the problem persists. can always contact Apple Support for more help if these solutions don’t work.