Comcast is an email client service that became famous after its introduction. The main reason is its potential to not be hacked by hackers compared to other email services. However, no email service is untouched by errors, including Comcast. Thus, one small error in Comcast email not receiving emails appears. The users complain that it hinders their work and productivity. So what could be the cause of Comcast emails not working? They are plenty and we will have them all here. Moreover, we will also learn the ways you can fix the Comcast problem.
Possible Causes for Comcast Email Not Receiving Emails
The following points mentioned here are the common causes of Comcast email not working. Let’s check them out:
- The most common reason for Comcast email not working is the poor internet connection.
- Icoming and outgoing server settings for emails are misconfigured.
- The receiver’s email address is incorrect or incomplete.
- The web browser may also cause an issue.
- The attached file is larger than the specified limit.
- The email app is outdated or not working properly.
- Add-ons/plug-ins issue
Fix Comcast Email Not Receiving Emails Quickly
These are the best ways to resolve the Comcast email not working issue. Let’s have a look:
1. Verify Your Internet Connectivity
Firstly, let’s start by checking your internet connectivity. Check the router box and see if it’s getting enough signals. Also, make sure that the computer is connected to the correct wifi. If you find the internet network weak, restart it.
2. Reset the Email Account
If you’re using a smartphone and are facing this issue, try these tips:
- Log out and log in: go to the app and log out of it. Now, log back into your account using your credentials.
- Remove and reinstall the app: sometimes the app behaves abnormally. Therefore, remove the app from your phone. For that, press the app icon and select the uninstall/remove option. Wait until it removes the app completely.
Now, go to the App Store (iPhone) or Play Store(Android) and get the Comcast app. Tap on the app and select the install button. After the app is installed, log in to your account. Or you may try accessing the email on another device to ensure that the server is fine.
3. Verify Your Spam Folder
If you’re the sender, confirm with the receiver that the email address is correct. But, if you’re the receiver, ask the sender the same.
Next, if the email address is correct and it shows the message is sent successfully, check the spam folder. Sometimes the emails are received but moved to the spam folder. If so, check them as not spam and move them to the inbox.
4. Update Your Web Browser
Follow the steps for each browser and update it.
Update Chrome Web Browser
- Launch your Chrome web browser.
- Tap on the right corner and click on the three dots/Chrome menu.
- Now, choose the Help option.
- After that, select About Google Chrome option.
- Wait until Chrome checks for updates. It will also install them automatically.
- Lastly, click the Restart button.
Furthermore, to install updates automatically, select the “Set Up Automatic Updates for All Users” button.
- Firstly, select the Apple icon.
- Now, tap “System Preferences.”
- Then, tap Software Update.
If you can’t find the option using the above steps, update it from the App Store.
Update Microsoft Edge
- On your Edge browser, go to Settings.
- Now, tap the More option.
- Then, select the Help and Feedback option.
- Select About Microsoft Edge.
- If it shows any updates, select the Download option.
5. Remove Cache and Cookies
Your browser stores cookies each time you visit a new website. With that, it also creates some junk files that, when corrupted, cause issues with smooth access to email. Hence, go to the browser settings and clear the cache and cookies.
- Open your web browser.
- Go to its settings.
- Select the Privacy and Security option.
- Now, tap the option to clear browsing data.
- From here, select the cookies and caches.
- Also select a range, unless you select all.
- Finally, tap the clear data option.
As you can see, several reasons can cause the Comcast issue. But, the solutions mentioned here, can help you fix them easily. Nonetheless, if your Comcast email not receiving emails or you have any doubt, feel free to contact us.